Co-Admission Financial Aid

Co-Admission (also known as "dual enrollment" or "degree partnership") is a special admissions process that allows students to be formally admitted to both PSU and partner community colleges. Learn more about co-admission or apply.

One of the benefits of co-admission is that you are able to combine financial aid to cover costs at both institutions in which you are enrolled. Federal financial aid regulations stipulate that you cannot receive aid at more than one institution for any given period of enrollment (such as a quarter or semester). You must choose which institution should award aid to you each term. The institution awarding aid is known as the "Home" institution, and the other institution you are attending is known as the "Host" institution. You must take at least 6 credits per term at your Home institution. In some cases, your Home and Host institutions may switch during the course of a single academic year. When this happens, your financial aid may be delayed. Plan ahead and be proactive to ensure the smoothest possible transition.

  • If you are a first yearor sophomore (i.e., you have earned fewer than 90 credits) and are taking primarily lower-division courses (100- and 200-level), then your Home institution will usually be your community college.
  • If you are a junior or senior (you have earned 90 units or more) and are primarily taking upper-division courses (300-level and above), then your Home institution will usually be PSU.

Co-Admitted students may choose to take all of their classes within the same term at either PSU or the community college. If you take classes at PSU and the community college within the same term, this is called co-enrollment. If you choose to co-enroll, and PSU is your Home institution, and you are not already attending PSU full-time, then you must complete the Co-Enrollment Financial Aid Form. The Co-Enrollment Form for the upcoming term will be posted to your Outstanding Documents on the Thursday after the co-admission deadline. This form must be completed for each term that this situation applies to you to enable PSU to disburse the appropriate amount of financial aid to you. You must enroll in 6 or more units at 51Ʒ to receive aid from PSU for your community college courses.

How to Complete the Co-Enrollment Financial Aid Form

  1. Go to your .
  2. Under the Financial Aid Application section, select Review Outstanding Requirements.
  3. Select the appropriate aid year.
  4. Select the Co-Enrollment form.
  5. Complete and submit the form.

Once you complete theCo-Enrollment Financial Aid Form, follow up with the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships since the co-enrollment deadline is the second Friday after the first day of classes.

If your Home institution is your community college, you are responsible for meeting their financial aid requirements. It is your responsibility to pay your bills at the Host institution. The Home institution will not pay any of your financial aid directly to the Host.

If you will be co-enrolling, you must plan ahead and complete all necessary paperwork in a timely manner in order to receive your financial aid. Because of the additional paperwork involved when you co-enroll, you may experience a slight delay in receiving your aid each term (usually just a few days). If you turn in incomplete and/or late forms, you may have a reduction to your financial aid.

51Ʒ Community College Students

Your PCC bill will be due before you receive your aid from PSU. To avoid getting dropped from PCC classes for , each term you must send a copy of your award letter and PSU class schedule to PCC Student Accounts via email at student.accounts@pcc.edu or fax (971-722-4557). Include your full name and PCC ID number.

Virtual Advisor