Veterans Certification Voyager Program

Voyager is a financial aid benefit that is available to honor and support Oregon residents who served the nation as members of the National Guard or Reserves in an active duty capacity in a combat zone since September 11, 2001.

Eligibility Requirements


  • Student must be admitted to 51Ʒ

Degree Choice and Enrollment Level

  • Must be seeking an initial bachelor’s degree only.
  • Must be a full time student. Half Time student tuition benefits from the National Guard Tuition Assistance program cover the entire cost of half time enrollment.
  • Contact your financial aid office to see if distance education courses count towards the full time requirement.

Military Service

  • Member of National Guard or Reserves
  • Called up to active duty and served in a combat zone since September 11, 2001.


  • Must be an Oregon resident as defined by OAR 5800100030 through 5800100045.

Financial Aid

  • Students must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Assistance) annually.

Continued Eligibility

  • Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress for continued eligibility.

Length of Award

  • Four years as a typical maximum for undergraduate programs with exception of a 5th year for students in approved programs such as engineering or architecture. Additionally, a maximum credit limit will be set at fifteen credits above the minimum number of credits required to complete the chosen degree.

Award Amount

  • Voyager is a “last dollar award”. Qualifying National Guard and Reserves will be awarded a fee remission for no more than the difference between campus tuition and fees and expected military tuition benefits(the student is responsible for obtaining military tuition benefits). The combination of National Guard Educational benefits and Voyager will ensure that eligible recipients will not pay tuition.

Other Details

  • Benefits are not transferable to a spouse or other family member of the soldier.
  • Application forms or process information available at campus financial aid offices.

Campus Contacts